4 Overlooked Updates Your Channahon IL Home Needs For It To Sell
It’s no secret that the two most important selling features of your home are the kitchen and the bathrooms. But did you know that there are another four overlooked updates that you need to consider before you sell?
- Your roof is one of the most important aspects of your home. If your roof has problems they’ll show up in the inspection and can negatively affect the appraisal. Buyers often assume that a roof is going to be good when viewing a home. If the roof is in need of repair it can be a deal breaker for potential buyers. Ask your Channahon IL real estate agent Jeff Gregory for a roofer recommendation.
- Look for signs of water damage on the interior of your home. Also, look for cracks in the ceiling which can be caused a leaky roof, or even worse a troublesome foundation. If you see signs of damage call an experienced roofer or carpenter to come and diagnose the problem. It could just mean that you need a few new shingles. Spending a couple of hundred dollars can end up saving you thousands when it comes time to negotiate the price of your home.
- Windows aren’t a glamorous update but can be the difference between a yes or a no. New windows on a house can really make it look fresh and clean. Old, mistreated, or dirty windows can make a house look old and run down. Remember, you only have one chance to make a good first impression, so make it count.
- Old windows can also cause a different set of problems. Bad airflow, or leaking cold air in the winter and hot air in the summer, just to name a few. This can be a major problem in climates such as Channahon IL where the winters are bad and the heat in the summer is unbearable. Check with your Channahon IL realtor Jeff Gregory to recommend a window professional.
- HVAC systems are often viewed as gimmes by buyers. The last thing that you want is to receive a great offer from a buyer, only to have it ruined by your HVAC system failing inspection. Just like with your roof, these repairs can be expensive, and buyers just don’t want to take on those risks. Remember, Channahon home buyers want to feel as comfortable as possible, and assured when they move into their new home. If the HVAC system isn’t 100%, they’re not going to be comfortable. Your Channahon IL real estate agent will have a go to HVAC professional for you.
- Ah, the ever so challenging landscaping. Such a blessing and a curse. When done well it can really boost the curb appeal of your home for potential Channahon IL homebuyers. On the other hand, if it’s not kept, it will ruin the first impression, possibly scaring off home shoppers before they even make it into the house.
- Consider putting in some sweat equity into your landscaping. Keep the grass mowed and manicured, weed all flower beds and garden areas, trim hedges and shrubs, and trim back any unruly branches. Home buyers may be deterred from considering your home if they have to walk through a jungle that looks like it came from a prehistoric period. Ask your Channahon IL realtor Jeff Gregory for his landscaping recommendations.
Your Channahon real estate agent Jeff Gregory from Realty Executives Success in Shorewood IL is the best Channahon Il real estate expert. Jeff is ready to serve you in all of your Channahon IL real estate needs. Whether buying or selling a home, Jeff Gregory can assist you and walk you through the entire real estate process. Contact Jeff today!